Why do some people decide, they want to become a leader, while the vast majority of stakeholders, and constituents, of most organizations, prefer, merely being a member, etc? Is the main motivation, ego, personal/ political agenda, self – interest, or an often – false, sense of their abilities, and preparedness, or, because of the quality, inspiring, motivating, GOALS, one possesses, and drives him, to serve the needs of others, and represent the organization, and constituents, in a well – considered, relevant, sustainable manner? With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly discuss, examine, consider, and review, using the mnemonic approach, why this is so essential, meaningful, and important.
1. Generate goodwill; group; greatness: Don’t seek to be a leader, if your priority and emphasis, is anything, but based on the best interests of the particular organization, and stakeholders! Why do you want to represent this particular group, and how have you prepared, for leading, in the most effective way? Do you want to be a leader, so you can make the group stronger, more relevant and sustainable, and enhance the possibilities, for the organization, to focus on potential greatness, and becoming, the best, it can be?
2. Options; opportunities; organized: Effective leadership requires preparation, and efficiency, which means, it’s important, to proceed, in a well – considered, organized, prepared way! One must avoid the tendency to remain within the restrictions of a self – imposed, comfort zone, but, rather, consider, with an open – minded, various options and alternatives, in order to be ready, willing and able, to recognize opportunities, and take advantage of the finest, most appropriate ones!
3. Attitude; aptitude; attention; articulate: One must possess, and maintain, a genuine, positive, can – do, attitude, combined with the finest aptitude, and paying keen attention, to anything, which might affect, the group’s well – being, etc! If you want to make a true difference, you must be able to communicate and articulate your compelling, inspiring, motivating message, in a way, which drives others to greater involvement, participation, and action!
4. Listen; learn; leadership: One of the greatest potential challenges, is proceeding with the discipline, to listen, far more than one speaks, and constantly, effectively learn, from every conversation and experience! Will you be willing to demonstrate meaningful leadership, in a way, which unifies others, for the common good?
5. Strengthen; service; sustainable; solutions: Will you be motivated to constantly strengthen those you serve and represent, and the specific group? Are you driven by your desire to serve, and make a difference, for the better? Great leaders plan, to create the finest sustainable system, focused on relevant, sustainable solutions!
Do you possess the right GOALS to make a quality difference, for the better? Are you the right person, for this task and responsibility?